Friday, August 27, 2010

The Results Are In

As it says in the description up above, I'm not much for posting personal stuff here, but I'm really happy about this, so here goes.

Back in April I went to the doctor and got a not so great report. Nothing horrible, but not so good. Low HDL (good cholesterol) high Triglycerides, and I put on 15 pounds last year. My diet wasn't that horrible, so it basically meant get my ass off the barstool and into a gym. Three months later after joining the gym and a few diet changes I'm happy to report.

I lost 12 pounds
Triglycerides are down to 150 from 236. <200 is desirable
HDL is up to 32 from 26, still a little low, but the doc is sure it will continue to improve as I continue to exercise.

Overall heart rate, BMI, flexibility and other stuff greatly improved as well, but I won't bore you with all that.

The real story here is, the little changes it took to get here don't feel like a sacrifice, and my overall energy is much better!

No comments: